“Our mission is to encourage healthy competition while promoting a skater’s self-esteem, building character and positive social skills, and teaching the importance of sportsmanship in a family friendly environment.”
SHERIDAN ON SKATES – SERVING THE SHERIDAN COMMUNITY
A community gathering place to share in the thrill of the spills and celebrations.
Current Ice Hockey & Skating Programs have created a culture at the rink, one which has brought people together, fostered an inclusive and true “be part of the team” attitude and expectation. This tone has become the norm and expectation not only of local participants but of visitors who have noted “how nice people are at Sheridan’s rink”, remarks that are made regarding not only the youth traveling hockey teams, but the adult men’s women’s and coed team when they host or travel out of town.
IT’S ALL ABOUT KIDS, OF ANY AGES…
Over the years, we have cultivated an amazing culture at our rink that is all about positive attitudes, embraces family and promotes camaraderie among all participants. Anyone can try, we can all fall down and get back up again no matter who we are, what we do, or our age. One thing is universal, the rosy cheeks, laughter and smiles
A COMMUNITY GATHERING PLACE
- Open Skate – all ages, safe, fun
- Figure skating
- Hockey programs for all ages
- Used by community groups: Schools, Churches, Wyoming Girls School, YMCA
- Multi-generational – participants and spectators alike have become part of the skating family over the years, some continue to tie on the skates, others never will, but either way they are there to say hello, cheer on the kids, offer to hold a door, connect socially, or man the penalty box
- Healthy Lifestyle – Connecting Socially and Physical Activity –positive outlet
- Camaraderie –friendships develop
- Ice is Humbling – it cares not who you are, where you work, your name, your age, it cares how hard you try!
- Not operated by (outside) business entity, run by Sheridan skaters